NB. Thunderbird is a free application. Anybody using an older version than 17, we suggest you upgrade direct from Mozilla – https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
1. Open Thunderbird and click on Create a New Account
2. Select Skip this and use my existing email
3. Complete the details on the wizard that loads up, and click Continue
At this point Thunderbird will attempt to look for your Server Settings, however the ones it finds will be incorrect, click Manual Config
5. You now need to enter your incoming and outgoing mail server addresses and full email address into the appropriate boxes, then click on Retest & Done.
6. You will be presented with a warning regarding encryption, select I Understand The Risks and click Done
NB. Still having trouble sending mail? You may need to change your SMTP Port – info on how to do this can be found here