1. Start Outlook Express from the start menu. Click Tools, and then click Accounts.
2. Select the Mail tab and go to Add then Mail
3. You will then be asked to enter your name (this is that name that will appear on the recipients’ computers) so you may want to put either your name, or your company name here. Click Next
4. You now need to enter your full email address in this box, then click on Next
5. Enter the mail server names, and click on Next
6. Enter account name and password and click Next
7. Click the Finish button.
8. You will be returned to this screen – where you need to click on the Properties button.
9. Then select the Servers tab, and click the box at the bottom My Server Requires Authentication
10. Click Apply
11. Click OK
NB. Still having trouble sending mail? You may need to change your SMTP Port – info on how to amend your SMTP port in outlook express can be found here