1. Start Microsoft Outlook 2016 from the start menu. Click File, and then click Add Account.
2. At the bottom, select “Manual setup or additional server type”, and click the Next button
3. Select POP or IMAP and select Next
4. Enter the Following Information
5. Click on More Settings
6. Select the Outgoing Server tab. Then check the box beside My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
7. Click on the OK button
8. Click on the Next button.
9. After the test account settings check has finished click Close.
10. Click on the Finish button.
NB. Still having trouble sending mail? You may need to change your SMTP Port – info on how to amend your SMTP port in Microsoft Office Outlook 2016 can be found here.