Web Design in Horsham
Google My Business...
The affordable way to get ahead of
your local competitors on-line
Every business shares the same aspirations of getting its fair share of enquiries via local internet searches but when the competition for the top spot is so high…how do you achieve this?
The answer is simple! A fully optimised ‘Google My Business’ page that works in harmony with your website is the perfect way of ramping up enquiries without spending a small fortune.
This is the area of the internet where the ‘Google map’ appears and where local business profiles are displayed, based on what the prospective visitor has searched for – This is where your business should be!
Still not convinced? Here are some interesting facts about Google My Business listing’s that shouldn’t be ignored…
- 76% of local online searches now result in a phone call made to the business found when searched.
- 46% of all searches done currently online are done by people looking locally for a product or service.
- 78% of local mobile-mobile online searches now result in an actual offline purchase of products or services.
There are two ways of getting started
DIY – If you have time to spare and want to build and optimise your own Google My Business listing is free to do. In fact, we’ve written a FREE step by step guide to help you along the way. Download HERE
Built for you – Concentrate on running your business and let us do all the work. We’ll implement a proven, systematic process to rank your business on-line by created a fully optimised Google My Business Listing. And what’s more, we’ll continue to work on it every month meaning you won’t just get ahead of your local competitors, you’ll stay ahead!
- Initial set up with Google
- Keyword and category research
- Citation building (with on-line directories)
- Adding monthly posts
- Review cards – To get more 5 Star reviews
- Customer interaction – replying to reviews
- Posting questions and answers
- Monthly reports
Why choose Web Design in Horsham...
With over 90 5 Star reviews from genuine, satisfied customers, we’re the local name to trust for crating your new website
We’ve been trading in Horsham for over 10 years and have built numerous high-quality websites for local businesses
We offer the complete service. Check out our FREE guide to building an Optised Google listing to see what’s included
Google My Business FAQ's
Google My Business is a free service offered by Google that helps a local business stand out on Google Search and Google Maps.
- An optimised Google My Business listing includes researched keywords and search terms.
- Adding Citations regularly.
- Monthly posts, questions and answers and images – Google loves regular content additions
- Reviews – Getting Reviews will set your business apart from your competitors
- Customer interaction – Respond to all reviews and questions left on your page.
Our service at a glance
With over 30% of local enquiries made through Google My Business, this is a vital asset for businesses that want to drive more local enquiries their way. We’ll not only create you a fully optimised Google page and add articles to it each month, we’ll also supply FREE Google review cards to help you get more 5 Star reviews from your customers.
Creating a Google My Business listing is free.
Sign into Google My Business at google.com/business. Login with your Google Account or create one. It is important that you enter all your business information such as name, business type, telephone and location.
Google will need you to verify your listing either by a phone call, email or a physical postcard. Enter your verification code to your Google My Business listing. Once verified your listing will become live across Google.
The Google 3-Pack is a way Google displays local search results. The 3-Pack comprises of a local map with three local businesses shown on the map with their contact details shown below it. On the search results page the 3-Pack sits below the paid ads, but above the organic search results.
These two marketing 2021 statistics from Hubspot demonstrate the power of local search and Google My Business.
- “Where to buy” and “near me” mobile queries have grown by over 200% in the past two years.
- 60% of smartphone users have contacted a business directly using the search results such as the “click to call” option.
According to Bright Local’s 2019 report 24% of actions taken on Google My Business is a phone call to the business.
The Google My Business dashboard is where you can manage, almost all of the information in your verified Google Business Profiles. It is also where you will need to go to continually manage your reviews, posts, images, products and other features.
It is worth remembering that Google My Business is for local businesses and proximity between searcher and your business is one of the most important factors. Normally you can show up on the map if you are within 8-10 miles of the searcher.
Google’s Local Proximity algorithm is extremely advanced and there is no easy way around it. The best thing that you can do is keep adding localised content to your website and Google My Business profile in order to keep helping Google understand where you operate.
Keep your Google My Business current and accurate. Listings with picture have more interactions. Use customer keyword phrases in your text. Add a post once a week. Respond to customer reviews regularly. Once your listing is optimal you can add Google Adwords Express ads. Here you can write heading line, 2 ad description lines and URL link ads. Set up ads for your product and service categories. You set the radius distance around your business for customers and set a budget. Google matches search queries to you business categories and ad text. You can have top ranking with call to action of calling or visiting your website.
Anything that helps Google recognise your business as being a local business is important and this includes online directory listings (citations).
A citation is actually a mention of your business (and optionally its address and telephone number) on another website.
There are three main types of citation sites:
National directories such as Yell, Yelp, Qype, Scoot and Thomson
- Local directories for example a countywide directory such as Surrey Online or a town specific directory such as Horley Online.
- Industry specific directories such as the Accountant Directory or the National Council of Hypnotherapists.
It is important to be listed in the top 20 nationals, all local and all industry specific citation sites.
Make sure all of your NAP (business Name, Address and Phone number) are exactly the same on each citation site and your website – you do not want to confuse Google.